Trees and Shrubs
- Flowering trees and shrubs may be pruned after they have completed flowering.
- Watch for bag worm development on arborvitae, spruce and juniper. This is the only month that spraying is effective. After May the bags should be pulled off.
- Plant annual flowers after Mother's Day to protect them from a late frost.
- Lawn care application #2 can be made late in the month.
- Begin to raise lawn height as summer temperatures arrive.
Hardscapes and Water Features
- Clean leaves and debris from ponds and install pumps. Increase water level to proper height.
- Consider sealing pavers prior to busy summer season.
For additional information, call us at 309-303-0919 or fill out the form and we'll be happy to help!